Re: Pulled a Ranger from the River

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 13:58:44 EDT

DMLism - a fringe religious group lead by the Reverend Jon Steiger
with a seemingly idolatrous relationship towards Dodge Dakotas. While
denominationalism has not yet struck DMLism, there are definitely
different factions, the fundamentalist Gen I'ites, the conservative
House of the Gen II, the moderate Gen III'ers, and the liberal Gen IV
dudes. There are also differing views on whether the 2x4 or 4x4, the
V-6 or the V-8 is the true essence and form of the Dakotaness. Their
obsession with the true form, and with finding the essence of the
Dakota has an almost neo-Platonic feel to it. In short, the obsession
with this true form will likely be the down fall of DMLism as they
will either tire of Dodge's failures to produce new true forms, their
existing trucks will wear and rust, and those few left will have
nothing but a Dakota that they will have to trailer to the DML HQ for
the annual pilgrimage of DMLism.