RE:Lower brake bolt striped

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Sep 06 2008 - 21:13:27 EDT

Seems to be an epidemic. My daughters 93 Jeep has the same problem on the passengers side bottom bolt. The starter threads on the steering knuckle are gone and I can see the bolt trying to get started in the hole, but its not enough to secure the caliper. I'm gonna have to heli-coil the damn thing. it'll be better then what it was when I took it apare, there was only one bolt holding the caliper on.

Ray