Re: Piktars??

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 18:54:32 EDT

"Don Rey" <radon220@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds excellent Jon. What's your preferred way to get images to you?
> I have 100+MB

   Ok, FINALLY I can reply. :-) Sorry about the delay, insert your
own "busy/overworked" cliche here, and take bonus points if it happens
to involve the participation of monopedal individuals in tournaments
requiring gluteal pummelling.

   There are a few ways to get pics/vids to me:

1 -

   You can of course e-mail images to me at jon@dakota-truck.net, but
you should probably only use that option if the amount of data being
sent is relatively small; a few MB or less.

2 -

   I have created a private group photobucket account, which DMLers can
access at:

   I think you might need a photobucket account to upload pics, but it
is free to sign up so that's probably not a big deal. If it requires
you to enter a password to view/upload, use "dmlbbq". The maximum
file size I could set was 1MB. I'm not sure what happens if you try
to upload pictures larger than 1MB - I guess it will either resize it
or reject it. I don't know what you need as far as browser
capabilities and such go, I suspect it should work with all modern
browsers, looks like it is using Java. I tested uploading a few
images and it was relatively easy to do.

3 -

   I have created an FTP account at dakota-truck.net, usercode is dml
and the password is dmlbbq. If your web browser supports FTP, you can
access it at the following link: dml@dakota-truck.net">ftp://dml@dakota-truck.net (when it
asks for usercode/password, use dml/dmlbbq. Feel free to create a
folder for yourself, and then just dump everything in that folder. If
you don't know how to create a folder, just dump it in the root
directory and I'll sort it out.

   BTW, I don't anticipate using either the photobucket or FTP sites
as a way to distribute the pics, these are just collection points so
that I can get my hands on the files, then I will put them up on the
dakota-truck.net web site where they can live permanantly.

   I hope that helps! If anyone has any questions/problems please let
me know.

   Thanks!

--
                                          -Jon-