RE: RE: Cold engine puts out more hp/tq...

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 22:03:13 EDT

Performance and fuel mileage don't have to be mutually exclusive. Like so
many things, your results may vary based upon your combination, the weather
and your driving style. Experimentation is generally in order to determine
what works best for you.

As long as we're on the subject of IAT placement, I might also point out
that the IAT sensor on my wife's '02 Stratus is already in the air intake
hose from the factory. Think maybe they're on to something? lol BTW,
her 2.7L V6 averages 32+ mpg on the highway....at 70 mph....on our most
recent 400 mile trip. My Dak got 20 on the same trip...with 300 lbs of
gear in the bed. We can't complain. :-)

Ray