Re: Dual Alternators

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 19:34:19 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Heck, bypassing the factory system is easy...and with a $9.00 Mopar (Chrome)
> Regulator from a late 70's model Mopar too. :)
>
> - Bernd

Again, I wouldnt have to worry about how much amperage the two
alternators would put out with a set up like that right? Those
regulators don't care if I'm drawing 50 amps or 500 right? I was looking
at univeral regulators (older GM style) at work today and the specs were
stating "with 35 amp alt" or with XX amp alt".

I'm trying to remember what tech page I was reading that said the
regulators dont care about amperage, and all they are designed to do is
regulate voltage to the battery... lemme see if I can find the article ...

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...