Re: Dual Alternators

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 22:48:59 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I'm not 100% sure on this, so don't go wiring anything just on my
> say-so :-) but my gut tells me it would probably be possible to hook
> two 12v batteries up in series (Battery A + to Battery B -) such that
> you get 24v by hooking your winch to Battery A - and Battery B +, but
> charge them individually with your 12v alternator(s).

  ok here is a question for ya - lets say you take two 1000 CCA rated
batteries - 12 volt... and wire em up for 24 volts in series. Does
that give you a 24 volt battery rated at 1000 CCA? What happens to the
battery ratings when you series'em?

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...