Re: Rusty Chrome bumper

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Oct 05 2008 - 16:19:23 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> The chrome bumper on my 99 has started to show some rust-cracks.
> I found this:
> http://www.truckmod.com/directpart.asp?vencode=T12&partnumber=31012
> but I am thinking that now might be the time to upgrade unless I can
> find one cheap, say a roll pan takeoff. Whatever I put on, I need to
> retain the ability to stand on it. Any suggestions?

   Do you care if its chrome? If not, I'd just media blast it (or
sand/grind/wire wheel/etc. if you have the patience and time) and then
hit it with some of that DIY bedliner stuff. Even if you have someone
else do the blasting, that's probably your cheapest option. Plus, you
know its gonna fit since its on the truck already. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-