Re: Hypertech any good?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2008 - 22:31:33 EDT

Mr. Plow wrote:

> http://www.autoanything.com/performa...A3637A0A0.aspx
>
> Anyone have any experience with these models of computers with the 4.7?
> It states 17-20 HP gain with that engine, wondering if that's a realistic figure, or the 380 bucks actually only buys you 5-6 hp???

I have a Power Programmer for my 01 Ram and I love it. I bought it
primarily to adjust for tire size changes. I used the high performance
setting only once however - which requires use of premium gas...
otherwise I run it on the "optomized for regular" setting.

You might want to shop around a little - there are new models out there
that let you do more. The one I bought is pretty basic... like the
difference between using a publishing program to make web pages - and
coding HTML by hand.

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...