46RE Solenoids

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 30 2008 - 19:27:52 EDT

well I dropped the pan on the Ram lastnight and found the fluid dark and
smeleling burnt slightly. I think it got toasty when I towed Christine out to
Jons a few years ago - I should have changed the fluid after but I never did.

A trouble code was set indicating the OD/Lockup solenoid was flaking out. It
was not shifting above 2nd gear and its shifting was erratic, when it did.
I've kind of resigned myself to the fact I need to change both the OD/Lockup
solenoid and the gov. solenoid. Anyone think otherwise?

Can I change out the OD/Lockup unit without having to drop the valve body? I
remember on the A-500 - you cant remove the electrical connector up above
because the valve body is in the way. I really don't want to get into that if
I don't have to.

TerribleTom