Re: Larger gas tank?

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 18:21:09 EST

Mr. Plow wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has been able to find a larger gas tank to fit in (basically) the stock position under the bed of the truck?
> I'd be interested in one for my '02 Durango, but I'm presuming that the Dak/Dur tanks are likely the same????
>

> The Adam Blaster
> Two words, figure it out.....

I'd have to do some checking, Adam, but I think Durangos only came with
one size fuel tank. I was considering a larger tank for Christine, but
decided I had enough room to add a 2nd tank. I got into the research
and planning stages but never got to fabricate anything yet...

You might be able to remove the spare and perhaps throw it in the cargo
area, or maybe a carrier of some sort, and use the extra space under
where the spare goes, to add a 2nd tank. Trouble is that means you have
to have a 2nd filler somewhere, and the switching valves etc etc...
which I imagine would be harder to do on a Durango than a Dakota due to
space limitations.

You might check into seeing if there is enough room under there to put a
3/4 or 1 ton Ram tank... I think those used something like 30 gallon cans?

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...