Re: I hate the CHrysler 46RE transmission

From: Olznut@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 23:54:27 EST

My way over-powered 48RE is holding up just fine to my heavy right foot,
800+ lbs of torque and 7000 lbs towing in the hills around here...............

In a message dated 11/19/2008 8:40:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
jsdunlap@roadkill.org writes:

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Terrible Tom <silvereightynine@aol.com>
wrote:

> Looks like my repairs didn't do jack... I was driving it to work the last
couple of days and after the truck warmed up it almost felt like it was
slipping. but it wasn't. It was just slow to take off from a stop. Know how a
car/truck will creep forward when you take your foot off teh gas? Its not
doing that... Almost feels like the converter is always locked.

> its also kicking (lurching) forward slightly when you come to a stop - but
not all the time. And on the way in to work today - same code pops up -
TCC/OD something or other - I forgot the number and its too cold and I'm not
going out to get it at the moment.

> I'm more than slightly infuriated at the moment.
>
> only 68K miles on the truck... Chrysler automatics can kiss my ass...
wonder how hard it would be to swap a manual into the Ram...