Re: Manual Tranny

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 21 2008 - 10:30:33 EST

Azie L. Magnusson wrote:

> Bernd writes:: >>What about converting to a manual 6-speed? <<
>
> Naw!!! I'm an old man and have gotten lazy.. Automatic is for me.
> Now that the autos have a lockup TC, I really don't see any advantage
> in having the manual!!

Lets see....... whyyyyyy do we think stick shifts are better??....
better fuel economy, no stupid electronic shiting crap to deal with...
far more forgiving if its low on fluid... doesn't have a POS overdrive
unit that likes to fail, doesnt have POS solenoids to fail.... manual
transmissions dont have VALVE BODIES!! (grumble) - you are in the gear
you want when you want it.... don't have the transmission going: "uh
lemme see what gear I wanna be in this time" BS that you get with the
automatics... you can get far far more miles out of a stick shift before
it needs a major overhaul - like far more than only 68k miles!!!!

Mmm yes we're still a little pissed off over recent developments....

mmkay?

sonabichin friggin Chrysler Automatics....

The white zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only...