Re: Cleaning Carb

From: Jamie Calder (jcalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2008 - 18:50:29 EST

I bought carb cleaner today. All I had on hand yesterday was brake cleaner
and didn't want to (or should I say it was strongly recommended for me not
to leave on Thanksgiving to work on my project) get carb cleaner. The carb
cleaner defiantly dissolves the varnish faster (I tried both). I sprayed
the carb and let it soak in a little container. 3/4 of a spray can was
enough to completely submerse it. It was varnished so badly the throttle
plate, choke plate and float were stuck