Chrysler wiring harness

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sun Nov 30 2008 - 21:19:46 EST

Trying to install the rear seat entertainment overhead LCD screen in my 2005
T&C. The van came with the 6-disc dvd changer as part of the navigation
unit but didn't come with the LCD screen. I tried making my own wiring
harness for it, but have burnt up the circuit boards on two different
screens with it. I just got another LCD screen, and was wondering if anyone
had any connections for getting me the wiring harness. I've been buying
screens on Ebay, but nobody sells the harness on Ebay. I know for fact the
first screen worked, because with short 12" test leads, I was able to
connect it and have it play, but when I extended the wires out the full
length to mount it in the overhead it didn't work. I'm only getting 11.8VDC
at the screen, and I think I need over 12VDC for it to operate properly.
And trying to play around with my harness, I shorted out one of the runs on
the circuit board. The same run on both screens I have tried so far.

brian cropp