Re: Tap tap

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2008 - 07:36:58 EST

Hey, Mr. Steiger...

<> I can relate. Our power went out here today for about 5 seconds;
that was pretty annoying.<>

5 Seconds...PLBBBTH!

<>All the way to the right would be an overcharge, assuming the gauge
was working; wonky voltage regulator maybe or a short in the
alternator preventing the field coil from de-energizing? This was
just a one time thing, I take it? Got to love those intermitent
problems.<>

Actually, it happened 3 fifferent times on the way to work that AM...
At noon I hadda make a bank run & she was deader than dead...
Not even a measley solenoid clickety-click...
Sears is w/i 2 miles of where I work, so I grabbed a Die Hard...
They threw the old one on their battery tester thingie, & the cranking amps
were under 700 - rated for 750...
Prolly still good for a three-year-old battery, but I grabbed a new one
anyway...
Seems to be workin good so far...

I take it "wonky" is a technical electrician-type term for a problem?

Never had an "overcharge" before this in 40 years of drivin...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed