Punch in the nose

From: clhyer@cox.net
Date: Fri Dec 26 2008 - 08:59:54 EST

      Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:06:01 -0600
      From: spook <richardfiser@mchsi.com>
     Subject: DML: Dakota got a punch in the nose (LONG)

     I was driving in a snowstorm, (dumb but necessary), on a four lane.

Spook - That sucks big time. But, you "might" be able to fight it. Keep a detailed record (your narrative here is a start) and contact everyone you can think of. On scene cop and copy of accident report. Did anyone stop to offer assistance who actually seen the truck was stopped? Did any of them agree that he passed everyone going so much faster? If he was on the road and stopped, that seems like it would have been his fault. Contact the trucking co.'s insurance carrier. Why did the trucker say that he was stopped? Was the traffic in front of him stopped?

It will be an uphill battle, but I did win once in a similar situation. The trucking company paid for my truck when they saw the file I had amassed over the course of two months.
Good luck,
Cal