The adventure of the Dakota, part #@$%

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2008 - 21:09:23 EST

So, I started my week of vacation today. I headed on down I-5 and
while changing lanes at about 70 mph in heavy rain and traffic I all
of a sudden the RPMs went up and started loosing speed. I coasted
across the freeway in a small gap in traffic and pulled over on the
side of the hill. The engine was fine, but the tranny wouldn't engage.
I had some relatives in town that came and picked me up, we called all
the transmission shops in Kelso, Wa and none of them were open so I
called the road side assistance that I have through AT&T and got a
free tow to a shop that my cousin had transmission work done at for
1/4 the cost of any other shop in town. While the tow truck was
unloading my truck the owner of the shop came by and got my info. So
tomorrow I'll be catching a ride the remaining 40 miles to Portland
and hopping a train on down to where I can meet up with my sister and
parents.