RE: Buying a 1989 vs. 1991+ 1st Gen Dakotas

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2008 - 11:01:25 EST

Just to clarify (confuse?) further, I bought my '92 new. I still use the
original pipe from right after the original crossover and it is 3". The cat
inlet & outlet are both 3" and the pipe to the muffler was 3" except for
where it necked down to about 2 3/4" right at the muffler inlet. I don't
remember for sure the size of the tailpipe. It's all 3" now. :)

Ray
'92 Dak, 5.2L, 12.97 @ 105 mph w/full single exhaust, street driven.