Re: RE: RE: 5.2 vibration/rumble/groan or something like that...

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2009 - 13:33:25 EST

Having just had the torque coverter go out on my truck I can say that
it's definately not fun to lose power at the wheels at 70 mph in heavy
traffic, it's also not cheap. It would have only been a few hundred
dollars if I had the facilites and help, considering it's officially a
10.5 hour job it's really expensive at a shop.

The mechanic showed me the torque converter and the splines were
clearly stripped out with a large amount of metal in the transmission
filter. If you can it may be worthwhile to check the filter, if it's
not it then it would be cheaper than a mechanic jumping the gun and
yanking your transmission.

--
Sent from my mobile device