gas siphoning

From: spook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 23:31:12 EST

I have 1998 Dodge Dakota that is disabled till spring due to accident,
weather and money. It has near a full tank of gasoline. I wanted to
siphon most of the gas out to use in other vehicles and I have a bulb
pump siphon hose. Now the last time I siphoned gas was from a 1968 Dodge
Coronet. In the Dakota I try to insert the hose into the filler tube and
there seems to be an obstruction preventing the hose from entering the
tank. Is there some kind of anti siphoning baffle and is it possible to
defeat it? Or am I just not doing it right somehow?