Re: DML BBQ 2009?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Jan 24 2009 - 14:10:13 EST

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:
> On Friday 23 January 2009 10:31 am, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> I'm in the process of designing an office for myself down in the
>> shop, and part of the office will be an air conditioned server closet.
>> I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I definitely plan to run
>> ductwork through the wall of the building so that I can shut off the
>> A/C unit during the winter; once the outside temp drops below 50-60 F
>> or so, the only cooling energy required would be a fan to move the air.

> Welcome to "green" engineering.

    Heh! Yeah, but in this case, the only "green" I care about is the
amount I get to keep in my wallet instead of sending to the utility
company! :-)

> You can probably get a govt. research grant for this or something to
> help pay for it.

   Unfortunately, that's probably true! I'll pass though; IMHO,
accepting such a gov't. grant would make me an accessory after the
fact to 1st degree grand theft. :-(

--
                                          -Jon-