Re: Computer Based Garage Heat (was 09 BBQ)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 14:10:12 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> However, in the winter time, I should think that the outside air
> is way below the dewpoint, so the water vapor in the air has *already*
> condensed out. (Maybe that is also why there is much less humidity
> during the winter?)

  Yet another reply to myself. ;-) My idea that the outside air is
below the dewpoint I don't think is correct, it looks like the
dewpoint can never be higher than the air temperature. Probably there
is always *some* moisture in the air, which further cooling will
condense out.

  But, I don't think that affects my overall conclusion though (that
condensation should not be a problem out in the garage) since there is
very little water vapor in the air, and you'd actually have to cool it
to condense out the moisture, as opposed to warming it, which is what
will happen in the computers, I just wanted to post that clarification
regarding the dewpoint.

--
                                          -Jon-