Re: RE: amsoil rep here?

From: Barry Oliver (barrysuperhawk@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 15:47:41 EST

I am running M1 0w40 in the benz, and at a 10K interval the Oil Analysis
thinks I can go farther. Granted, the motor takes over 2 gallons of oil,
but I think even M1 has grades of quality. Their 5W40 oil has been
similarly spactacular in the Dakota. The 10w30 OTOH is crap. It
analyzes as being almost used up at 3k in the Dak.

As a practical bit of advice, the only oils I will use in my vehicles -
based on individual oil analysis are:
M1 0w40, 5w40, or 15w50
Shell 5w40 synthetic
All are easily good for 5k in the truck, 7500 being about my squeal
point and none were "out" of additive at that mark.

M1 10w-anything tests out with a different additive package that, in my
318, is used up and fried at the 3500-4000 mile mark.

I have the Blackstone analysis reports to support these conclusions.