Odd noise

From: Zito, James A (GE Infra, Energy) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Tue Mar 17 2009 - 18:37:33 EDT

Ok folks the 03 Club cab Dak is making a funny noise.

Noise occurs as starting off and is usually gone by the time to shift
into 2nd.

Sounds like one of them old spin the ratchet noise makers.

Occasionally I do hear a similar sound when I get out of the truck and
slam the door hard.

Possibly related note....Diffy (8.25 3.55 with Detroit Tru-Traxx) has a
leaking pinion seal and the True-Traxx does have some play. Both end
play (left to right) and some up and down.

Jim
Noisy 03 full time 2 wd Dak