CAT-a-strophic Failure

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 18 2009 - 18:45:03 EDT

Ok - well yesterday was finally some awesome weather here in central wisconsin.
 I got under the Ram and took a sawzall to the CAT and patched in some straight
pipe and low and behold the choked feeling I was getting while driving the Ram
was gone. I was tempted to start up the truck wide open - no exhaust, but I'm
quite sure the neighbors would NOT like that. I got my wish however, when I
was leaving work for lunch, and gunned it - blowing the straight pipe off heh..
It seems I didn't have the last clamp on tight enough, Ooooh that sounded
good! And before someone bitches at me for cutting off the CAT, let it be
known I'm going to get a whole new exhaust put on the truck here... its due for
it.

Tonight I'm going to try and change out the bad drivers side hub unit. We'll
see how that goes.

Then I need to do something with the transmission - I have a nasty feeling it
going to end up with being a full rebuild.

Check ya later!

Terrible Tom