Re: I want one of these

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 15:41:34 EDT

Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@comcast.net> wrote:

> Flying car!!
> http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/exclusivevids/ExclusiveVideo_TerrafugiaTransition_FirstFlight_199980-1.html
> or tiny:
> http://tinyurl.com/clvksa

   Pretty neat! :-) From what I can tell, it looks like the price is
going to be somewhere around $150-200K which isn't a great bang for
the buck if you are evaluating it solely as an aircraft or as a car,
but still not terrible, all things considered. (Not that I'll ever be
able to afford one...) I do like the idea though - it would sure
extend your personal "range"... Driving to a store or event in a town
a couple of hundred miles away which was a hassle could sure be made a
lot easier if most of the trip could be made as the crow flies. :-)

   Of course, flying vehicles are nothing new. Our own Terrible Tom
brought a flying Dakota to the '03 BBQ. Granted, he didn't get quite
the airtime or distance of the Terrafugia, but it *did* briefly fly.
(And then it converted into a submarine, which this new aircraft does
not even pretend to be able to do.) Given these additional abilities,
Christine should be worth $300K, easy. :-)

--
                                          -Jon-