RE: Gears

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Sat May 09 2009 - 07:33:49 EDT

That's the way my '92 Dak is set up. I changed the speedometer gear when I
went to taller tires and a 4.30 gear.

> according to the
> FSM you can "index" the pinion adapter that bolts to the speed sensor
> for different "speedometer pinions" that look to be plastic gears for
> different tire sizes/gear ratios with different numbers of teeth.

They are also different colors. The "indexing" is done per the number of
teeth on the speedometer gear used.

Here's a couple sites that may help you.

http://jeepsunlimited.com/zj/speedo/speedo.htm

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/TechInfo/speedo_gears.asp

Ray