Glad I had a truck tonight

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 01:48:42 EDT

Was driving home tonight in my '95 4x4 and came across a fresh accident
- some guy in a Nissan Stanza tried to take a curve going way too fast
and slid off the road, jumped the curb and into a rock wall. I was able
to get out of the road by driving up onto the curb so some other
inattentive driver wouldn't slam into me too.

The Stanza hit so hard that he took a chunk out of the basalt wall and
hit the wall at an angle so hard it pushed the front passenger side back
far enough to intrude into the driver's side footwell. There was no
passenger side footwell anymore. The thing was straddling a ditch with
the rear passenger side wheel in the air and the passenger side front
wheel dug into the wall about 3' up. Somehow the guy got out and
wandered down the street in the few minutes before I came by. Oh so fun
talking to cops in the middle of the night. At least they weren't out
to get me for once. ;)

MattB