Re: RE: Electric fan power source

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 01:32:01 EDT

The A/C is fine in the truck once I get going and the clutch warms up
enough to engage more to pump more air through the condenser, but once
it disengages when it's cold you don't get much A/C sitting at
stoplights, etc. With the fan rigged to run when the A/C is on,
there'll be plenty of air moving through the condenser to be fine in
city traffic. Plus I won't have the extra load of the clutch fan being
engaged, though how much that's offset by the power needed to run the
alternator, I don't know. They added an auxiliary fan to the 2000+
Dakota for exactly this reason - better A/C cooldown performance.

The Taurus fan is a 16", 2 speed fan. I don't know the CFM but
supposedly it's pretty high when on the "high" setting. I'm hoping the
width of the shroud is correct for the '92-'96 trucks as it is for the
'97-2004 trucks, but either way I can "make it fit". $42 either way is
less than the $89 for a cheap Summit 2000cfm 16" fan, and the width of
the shroud is a plus on the Taurus fan.

MattB