Re: 134k - To Synthetic or not to synthetic?

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sun May 24 2009 - 20:37:04 EDT

Well, considering I have it already (I bought it back when Walmart
carried Mopar brand stuff for a while for like $4/quart) I'll use the
ATF+4. I was leaning that way anyhow. I was saving it to change the
fluid in my wife's minivan, but as she's the known in the local
junkyards as "The Great Blonde Car Destructor" I doubt it'll stay out
of the scrapheap long enough to make it worthwhile. ;)

Agreed on the whole full synthetic vs. "super refined mineral oil"
debate. I remember hearding about that a few years back. It's a
bunch of crap.

While we're talking about ATF, does anyone think that putting an 11"
wide by 11" tall by 1.5" thick B&M Supercooler used as a tranny cooler
would cause problems with the transmission fluid being too cold/taking
too long to warm up in the winter? It's rated for something like
29,000lb GCVW. I have one laying around from my previous Chrysler
2.5L turbo racing days but that car never much saw the light of day,
much less in the winter, due to wiring issues I got tired of
chasing...

http://www.jegs.com/i/B%26amp%3BM/130/70274/10002/-1

Amazing how the price has gone up 40% since I bought it...