Re: 134k - To Synthetic or not to synthetic?

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 23:17:35 EDT

I guess I'm more familiar with the Walla Walla and Wenatchee areas and
they both get frequent dust storms. The worst I had was in college I
left the window open in my dorm room on the fourth floor at the far
western side of campus, the dust blew in through the Walla Walla
valley coming from the west and I had a half inch coating in my room
in about a half hour's time.

During the dry months (all 10 of them) cars would be coated in dust in
a few days and an air filter wouldn't make it through the summer, all
that was assuming there wasn't a bad dust storm. Now that I think
about it Spokane does have more trees and isn't quite as dry.

As far as excuses go, if you want to do it then do it. Flush the
engine good and be ready to replace gaskets that have gone bad, and
call it good.