Overdrive Button on end of gear selector

From: Mike Burgess (mike_burgess@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 01:59:14 EDT

Well, I had to go into the shop to get an header/Y pipe leak fixed, and el klutz tore the plastic & OD button off the end of the gear shift.

So the dealer had one, for about $40, and it's the whole freaking shift lever. I have to take the steering column apart to swap it out. I'll try to epoxy the knob back together.

Any hints on getting the steering column opened up, things to watch for, airbag cautions ? Special tools needed ?

Mike

'98 318 4x2 auto trans w/OD

--
That's not an illegal gun, it's simply un-documented.