Speed distance sensor warning

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 19:17:05 EDT

Warning to those of you who consider buying a speed/distance sensor from
Rock auto -- the Airtex part they have listed is the one for a newer
vehicle with the new style connector (the one with the orange locking
tab), not the old type on the older trucks like my '95 -- it comes with
a wiring pigtail and some heat shrink tubing, I guess they expect you to
hack your old connector off and solder in a new one under the vehicle
with hot solder dropping in your lap!

I think I'll just pull the o-ring since mine works fine and keep the new
sensor for when one goes out on my '98 Neon or '98 Voyager...

MattB