Re: Speed distance sensor warning

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Fri Jun 12 2009 - 01:01:14 EDT

I've bought the sensors before locally I just ordered it online for less
$$$. I don't know how it is over in the Neo-California west side, but
over here on the east side, all they care about is getting your $$$ for
shoving a probe up your tailpipe, and if you live outside Spokane county
they don't even require emissions testing. My Dad once took his
Plymouth Acclaim with 250k on it in to be smogged. The guy in the smog
booth could barely see the monitor in the smog station to see what speed
he was doing on the rollers from all the smoke coming out the tailpipe
(Mitsu V6) and it still passed.

The fact that any place in the USA prohibits you from working on your
own car to the point of banning parts from being sold unless you're a
state licensed mechanic... well, I won't get into it on this list. I
understand smog testing, but people should be able to fix their own cars
to be able to pass smog in the first place.

I'll just swap the O-ring over, I have enough projects that involve
soldering and heat shrink tubing coming up as is on this truck. I wish
I knew what the o-ring size is on the speedometer adapter, but that
seems to be unknown. I just wanted to give people a heads up just in
case. If I could find a female wiring pigtail to match the male end
that goes into the stock sensor, I'd just solder it up into an adapter
pigtail and not have to modify the wiring harness of the truck.

MattB