98 Jeep Trouble Codes?

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 07:42:33 EDT

How does one get the trouble codes from a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee? It
occurred to me today that I don't have a manual for the thing, and a
quick google and search of my archived e-mails doesn't help. Is it the
same key-on-off sequence as a Gen 2 Dak?

This morning it stalled as I gunned it getting on the highway. It
wasn't completely outta the blue... it has stumbled two or three times
in the past month inconsistently when I stepped on it. Now its giving
me the check engine light, so I figure the TPS or some other sensor is
croaking and it's time to do something about it.

Thanks,
Don in CT
89 Dak Vert 318 NV3500 4x4
98 Jeep ZJ