RE: Granatelli's MPG/Plus Performance Ignition Set

From: Ray Block (BPracing@wowway.com)
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 20:42:18 EDT

OMG, look at that price! For a 6 banger? I spend way less than that for
my V8 and run 12's with 6000 rpm shifts.

Consider all those performance/mpg claims to be just the marketing hype it
is. In my over 40 years experience I have yet to find plug wires, plugs or
coils make any sort of mpg or performance difference over OEM components in
good condition.

Nothing exotic is needed. Just buy quality brand name parts and replace
them when they have served their time. MSD, Taylor and Accel make decent
wires in various versions and price ranges. Their best and most expensive
should be reserved for racing engines with the compression and rpm range
that "might" benefit. No street car/truck/van/bus will know the
difference.

Save your money for a good movie or meal.

Ray