RE: RE: cruse control problem

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 17:52:57 EDT

TPS is used as a throttle input to the PCM. It is one of the many inputs
that control the fuel delivery. Basically...throttle angle.

You can easily check the TPS by back probing an ANALOG meter to the TPS
signal and the other lead to ground. Key ON/Engine OFF and slowly press the
throttle (and watch the meter). It should sweep smoothly. If there are any
jumps or "sticking", it's bad.

- Bernd