Front drive shaft question

From: Jay & Dana (jdbear@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 06 2009 - 14:49:59 EDT

Hi guys.
On my 97 4x4 in the middle of the 2 piece front drive shaft there is a round
"sleeve" with the grease nipple in it. I was greaseing it and it popped off
the round rubber lip seal on the front part of the drive shaft that goes
into the differential. I tried for the life of me to push this round sleeve
piece back over the lip seal with no luck. Any ideas? I assuming this
piece is there to hold the grease in it so as to prevent crud from getting
into the splines that connect the 2 shafts.
Thanks
~Jay