Re: Front end trouble

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 13:34:39 EDT

Hey, Cal(?)
<> I have been doing some front end work on my '99 2WD, plus I have been
around the block with all these components awhile back. You have me
confused with the term "pivot arm". Are you talking about the upper control
arm shaft? If so, I would take it back to the alignment shop and have them
redo it, they just didn't tighten them enough.<>

Can't speak to the 2WD Daks, but on the DAKSY, there are 2 LARGE diameter
bolts that go thru the frame & mount the "A" thru the Pivot Bar.
It's where the Camber & Caster adjustments are made.Them there bolts are
tighter than a duck's a$$. The Passenger side has absolutely NO movement.
Both of the bolts on the driver side are shifting in the slots in the frame
backets - NOT the Upper Arm (My bad!) as I originally thought...
I THOUGHT the torque spec is 95lbs-ft on them, but reading further I find
they're supposed to be at 165lbs-ft...hmm
I'm thinking the there may have been serrations on the nuts & they are no
longer there.
I ordered new for both sides today, then I called back & cancelled the
order..
I'm gonna got to NAPA & get a 24mm deep socket & see if I can get the nuts
to the torque spec...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +