Re: removing upper shock nut on 99 Dak 2wd

From: Matt Beazer (teseract@moparhowto.com)
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 21:15:05 EDT

If it's anything like a Neon (and it looks like it), just buy a big
enough 1/2" drive deep well socket to fit the nut, then use a grinder to
grind some wrench flats on the side of the socket body. Then you put
the socket that fits the top of the shaft of the shock on, then you
slide the big socket over the top of that, and slide a proper extension
through the hole in the large socket. Then you use the inner socket to
keep the shaft from spinning while using your freshly ground wrench
flats to turn the socket and thus the nut. Works removing and installing.

MattB