RE: removing upper shock nut on 99 Dak 2wd

From: Brian (hskr@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 23:32:15 EDT

Easier to do with the truck sitting on the ground and not jacked up. The
pressure of the shock being compressed helps to hold the shaft while you are
trying to turn the nut. IIRC when I did mine on my '99 R/T, I use a
pneumatic impact to break the nut loose with the weight of the truck keeping
the shock compressed.

brian cropp