Re: RE: Brake Booster

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 21:48:01 EDT

Hop wrote:

> +1 to Bernd!
> I did as you said and stuck a wire inside the booster. It has fluid in it.
> Looks as if i'll need to do some replacment.
> How hard of job is this with hand tools?
> I know I'll need a handnin bleeding the brakes after.
> Can everything be done in the engine bay?
> Or will I need to mess with the brake pedal inside?
> It's a '97 4x4.
> --Hop

Heh - I'm sure there are one or two around The List who could tell ya how much a pain in the
ass it is to unbolt the booster on a Gen III Dak, Hop. hehehe. Basically ya need an assortment
of socket extensions, ratchet wrenches could help, maybe some wobble joints, and a contortionist.

Good luck man. Also I'm glad ya still have yer Dak :)

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck