RE: Memories Etched In Blacktop

From: John Hower (jehower@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Jul 15 2009 - 19:52:22 EDT

There's also plenty to see and do in the Harrisburg area, a half-hour from
Carlisle. Minor league baseball, plenty of restaurants, see where the
Pennsylvania organized crime syndicate...err, I mean legislature...plots and
schemes. Also some nice state parks right in the area with some good fishing
and kayaking.

Rausch Creek Off Road, from what I've heard, runs a pretty good operation.
There have always been plenty of off-roaders up there ever since the coal
operations shut down. You could run for days and not be on the same road
twice, except maybe to cross over. About 20 years ago a Blazer, with four
teens, went head first into an old mine shaft. Nasty. Took a lot of
equipment and several days for the recovery operation. A lot of shafts
aren't well mapped and a lot of mines have subsided over the years.

John Hower
'95 Dakota