RE: RE: Brake Booster

From: Hop (hopsdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 16:46:22 EDT

Mahtzoed huh? If that means FUBAR then I did the same! SONOFA!!
And to top it off the battery went dead because I had the pedal disconnected and the brake lights stayed on the whole time..
After all this work the braking still feels the same. Only thing I can think is that the pads and rotors got junked while it sat for 2-3 months. Seems like the harder I brake the better it's getting. The booster did have fluid in it so it was only a matter of time till it went kaput.
When I went to buy the new switch it looked broke. the kid behind the counter twisted the switch and said no it's ok. Then I looked at the lenth. It was alot longer and I thought it was the wrong one. Then I read the instructions to him and found out that he broke a new part. lol
The switch is self adjusting and clicks. So if you attempt to do the booster make sure you don't pull the pedal too far back towards the driver seat. The switch will click another knotch and then you'll have to buy a new one.
--Hop

> I also mahtzoed the brake light switch (sending unit) & hadda replace that.
> Maybe you'll have better luck...
> Rick-Scott-Barnes-Lane-Rascal will probably confirm this...
>
> Bob (DAKSY) Smith
> DAKSY2K on AIM
> 2K SY Dakota Sport +
> V-6 4 x 4 5 speed
> 2K08 HD Softail CrossBones
> Satin Black (Not Yellow)
> http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/
> Averill Park, NY

NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone. Click here.
http://windowslive.com/Mobile?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_MB_new_hotmail_072009