engine reman warranty - was "what to replace"

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 2009 - 23:22:52 EDT

Mike Sykes wrote:

> jacked on that when I first got Christine<<<
>
> Since Tom has come from the school of hard knocks, I would take what he has
> to say to heart =)
>
> In all seriousness, make sure the reman has some sort of warranty that
> INCLUDES labor. Jasper engines warranty labor, and there are a few others.
> Aside from that, what Tom said =)
>
> - miggity

Miggity Miggity Mike!!

yanno I had not even thought about the warranty part of it all. Obviously your local
mom-and-pop machine shops can offer their own warranty, whatever it may be - but Gopher
engines, who supplies reman engines through NAPA has the best warranty I have found so far.
3/yr 36,000 miles. The same as your basic manufactures warranty. When I learned that was what
their warranty was, I was honestly surprised. I've typically seen 1 yr/12-15K miles. Has anyone
encountered a similar or better reman engine warranty as Gopher?

I've personally sold a hand full of Gopher engines, and out of those, and all the others I've
seen move through three different stores, I've only heard of one warranty claim. They seem to
have a good product, as their warranty would attest to. Sorry if that seems like blatant flag
waiving heh. I'm not intending to - just sharing my info.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck