OT 05 Grand Caravan Trouble Code P0344 Hekp- Bernd?

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Tue Jul 21 2009 - 05:29:07 EDT

OK so I get home from a nice motorcycle ride this afternoon and my wife tells me her GC has the check engine light on again and its chugging, she barely made it home. I break out my trusty scan tool and it reads two codes, both the same, P0344, CAM Shaft Postion Sensor A Bank 1 CKT intermittent. I figure the sensor is bad so I call around to find if anyone here in West Po-Dunk has one. Nope. I gotta run to Reno tomorrow after I get home from work to pick one up. AutoZone says they have one for about $43.

So I go out to the car to try and find the dratted thing and I can't find anything that looks like the pic on the AZ website. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? And am I correct in diagnosing the problem as a bad sensor? Bernd? Help please?

Thanks,

Ray