Christine Progress

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 22:53:28 EDT

Heres whats going on... I got a new SMEC unit (chrysler reman, right from a dealer) which
should solve the driveability issues I was having. It starts and idles real good. Tach is
still not reading correctly - but I suspect that is an instrumentation problem.

I managed to figure out the TBI kcikdown linkage with some help from Jon and after dusting the
cobbwebbs outta my braincase I remembered how it went together. I also rebent a spare kickdown
rod I had, so that it would work with the new configuration.

I need to change the trans pan gasket, refill with fluid, recheck a few hose connnections, and
repair some wiring. That gets done tomorrow after work. Saturday after work is slated to be
the test drive. If she drives and shifts properly, then its full on go-time to finish up the
rest of the stuff that needs to be done.

The laundry list read as follows:

Replace control arm bushings

Repair passenger side brake caliper mounting bolt threads

Clean up various wiring issues (Un-MacGuyver the hack jobs I did while in the testing phases)

Replace fuel tank filler neck

Figure out a way to take the slack out of the steering shaft (slip joint is loose - might just
have a friend tack weld it to keep it from moving)

Clean the interior and replace the trim peices

Reinstall skid plates

Reinstall front sway bar

Reinstall front bumper

Get an alignment, and the exhaust redone.

And if time permits, a few cosmetic repairs and upgrades.

I've also been working on the Ram. Hopefully one of the two will be ready.

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck