steering knuckle

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 09:32:56 EDT

Question for those who have beaten their trucks and still want to
drive straight...

IIRC the FSM says something along the lines that if you break a ball
joint, you should replace the steering knuckle. Anyone know why or how
critical this is? And where does one find a steering knuckle? Vehicle
in question is an 89 Dak.

The reason I'm thinking about it is simply because I'm going to be in
there doing other things... plus I did break a ball joint a few years
ago (didn't replace knuckle) and have performed some other unusual
driving that may have comprimised such components.

Don in CT
89 DakVert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340
98 Jeep WJ