Re: Frame needed

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 00:46:20 EDT

Azie L. Magnusson wrote:

> Terrible T. writes: >> The newest frame that I can just bolt on, is
> now 13 years old. Subtract major wrecks, junk yard crushers, rust
> issues, and the rare 124 long bed option, and its slim pickings out
> there. <<
>
> & >> I'm going to ask those on the list to keep an eye out for a
> suitable donor truck for me. Basically 124 inch wheel base, 4x4.
>
> Sorry about your trucks demise.. Until I got to the 4X4 part I
> thought I had you covered.. There is a salvage yard near me
> here in N. Alabama that had 4 of the 2wd earlier Gen Daks just
> 3 weeks ago & all were lwb.... Did not see a 4X4 though.
> Good luck.

Hey Azie! Thats interesting news. My 2wd 1989 Dakota is slated for a full restoration and
build up some time in my life time. (heh) that was my first dakota and was my grandfathers
truck. It would be the very last of my fleet that I would ever part with. And not unless I
was at gunpoint. The issue is, I don't know what the frame on that truck looks like. I might
be in the market for a solid 2wd long bed frame. I've been meaning to get under that truck and
inspect it, in light of recent developments.

The 2wd truck has been in the rust belt its entire life so I'm thinking its frame might be in
nasty shape too. I'll keep this info in mind!

"Man is the only kind of varmint [who] sets his own trap, baits it, then steps in it"
-John Steinbeck