Re: RE: $#@$#@ rear diff

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 13:19:32 EDT

On Jul 31, 2009, at 18:11 , Matt Beazer wrote:

> I've seen
> orange oil be drained out of a friend's vehicle before when he did
> that... the same vehicle soon after spun a rod bearing from the oil
> pickup screen being plugged with orange RTV! Admittedly he used way
> too
> much though.

That's why I use Right Stuff, it skins right away, and the oil doesn't
eat it.

in the diff you also don't have pickup screens to worry about an the
pinion oiling passages probably could not be clogged by a pencil
eraser. Not to mention that anything in there will be chewed into
really tiny bits by the gears in real short order :)

Mike